Sunday, October 11, 2009

Autumn Mayhem

paris from Sacre Coure
the Mona Lisa
Notre Dame...grandma and grandpa--i couldn't stop thinking about you guys. It would have been wonderful for you to have been there.
A monster in the park. A very cute one but also he was very out of place in front of the Louvre.
Dancing at Arc de Triumph...embarrassing our friend Chelsey (on the far right). These are my dear dear friends!
In front of the Louvre in Paris!
Me, Ashley, Megan, Laurel and Annie...
This is in Romanian, its permanent marker written on a run-down building in Brussels, Belgium near Le Petit Chateau--a social center where asylum seekers stay until they are granted official refugee status in the country (or until they are sent home). This wall was covered in messages letting other refugees know when people were heading back to the Roma region in eastern Europe. It was such a fascinating example of communication and networking between refugees. I was really overwhelmed by seeing this.
Tucker, Chelsey and I at the Eiffel Tower in Paris after a wonderful day of wandering the city. From Arc de Triumph to Musee d'Orsay we were completely exhausted. 9 hours of walking, ice cream, crepes, wonderful works of art, lively Paris, grapes, wine, cheese, clementines, baguettes, a hair cut. such a great day.
Ash and I got parisian bangs at this hair salon. And the hair dresser only spoke french! eek!

here I am at the UNESCO headquarters--my favorite part of the United Nations. It deals with education and social studies. They do a bunch of cool things in the world. I was really happy to be there!


I haven't updated this blog in too long and so many things have been going on. I hope the photos help illustrate that!
Some of my favorites have been:
1. riding the boat from Geneva to Nyon. It was 80 degrees and really sunny and we had the front seat on the boat.
2. Running and getting lost in my village because I hate running back the same way that I came so I decided to climb up this giant hillside on all fours. I ended up in someone's backyard and then finally figured out where I needed to go to get home.
3. Seeing Christina, a dear friend from Wellesley, at her apartment in Paris. She lives right near the Moulin Rouge. It felt so great to see her and spend time with her! I love my Wellesley sisters even if I don't love Wellesley all the time.
4. Eating Belgium Waffles from a waffle truck (much like an ice cream truck). They were absolutely delicious!
5. Having a rendez-vous at 3pm one day at the Mona Lisa. How many people get to tell their friends to meet them at 3 at the Mona Lisa? It was really exciting. We rushed through that wing of the Louvre trying to get there in time and when we did we have several of the kids from my program waiting for us.


No comments:

Post a Comment