
The first photo is my team at our rented house in South Carolina.
The second is a photo of some of my teammates warming up for a game at the Southerns tournament!
For the first time in my few years here at Wellesely, I returned to campus and love it. I love being back here because over break 35 of my teammates and I went to Georgia and South Carolina to hang out in a beach house and of course, to play Ultimate Frisbee. And during my break, I became really good friends with many of the Whiptails (that is our team name). Being back here with an amazingly fun community has been so great already! I can't explain how happy I am to be here and to be a part of the team. I am so sore, sun-burnt, tired and have soo much homework but I am so happy!
I went to church yesterday for the first time in a few weeks and for the first time since I came to Wellesley, I realized that if I remember correctly, when I decided to come to Wellesley, I didn't plan to come to Wellesley for myself. I came here to receive an excellent education and to love the people here. I came here for the community. However when I arrived and for about 2 years after that, I struggled constantly always feeling like there is very little community here at Wellesley. Most students would agree--everyone here is out for themselves. I was too. But today, after coming back from break with the Whiptails, after making friends that I know will last a really long time, after going to church and standing in awe of my salvation, I am ready to be here at Wellesley and I am ready to be here to create community. As I prayed about this, I knew quite well that next year I will be here and contrary to everything I have said this semester, I won't be writing a thesis. I will be here and I will make time for people. I can do that.
My car family on Spring Break!
Thank you whiptails for being so amazing. Thank you Jesus for reminding me of my place here.
No comments:
Post a Comment